Monday, December 11, 2006

It Was The Reindeer's Fault: 2006

A reindeer had stepped on my toe and Santa had gone with me to the doctor to see what could be done. It was a crowded lobby and we noticed others and some noticed my cane. A little girl, about eight, with a cast on her arm kept checking us out. I gave her a wave and she timidly waved back. She was in the slow moving line, as was Santa, to check in.
As she got into voice range I asked her about the cast on her arm. It was the second time she had broken that arm. The first time, a horse was involved. This time, she was tumbling. Santa came. We checked with her mom to make sure it was O.K. to visit with her. She sat on Santa's lap to tell him what she wanted and then he signed her cast. What a delightful young lady she was. She made our day very pleasant. I guess something good came out of that reindeer's misjudgment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home