Saturday, December 04, 2004

Dear Rob: 2004

Dear Rob,
Thank you for the kind words. It takes me back. The reason I say that is because of how I struggle to do some of these things--like the Mrs. Santa thing. Then when I get such compliments to us from you children and from others, I think of that struggle and wonder how good I am really doing.

It doesn't feel easy, but I enjoy it so much when I get going. I get so caught up in the magic that I see in people's faces and I feel like the recipient--not the giver. So, it surprises me to think that I might be giving. Does that make sense?

I am totally amazed this year. I feel like I am in the middle of a merry-go-round of miracles. I've seen so many things and felt so many feelings, and things have happened to make us feel there is a plan other than ours. You couldn't plan for such things to happen on their own.

It makes me feel like Mick is right--part of why we were born is to do this. It is a right thing to do. And when I see him tie so much to the birth of the Savior I can't help but think he is right. You know, I was sitting on the bed yesterday, thinking of this month and how it wouldn't have even come into my life if it hadn't been for your father.
Then I thought back on our life and of the times all along that he has encouraged me (never forced) to step out of myself and play and feel and enjoy what life has to offer. If I had married a safety, careful, very organized person like myself I would not know what it is like to be spontaneous.

I just felt so thankful for your father in that moment. I feel that way in almost every moment, but I felt it so strongly in that moment and I just wept tears of thanksgiving that I met and married him.

He has colored my life with beautiful hues and I have so many wonderful memories because of him. It gave me courage to trust him more and try out some more adventures.

I keep thinking we are getting older and should be slowing down. And we are. But I have a feeling that there is still more ahead of us and I'm glad for that.

Thanks again, Rob--and Lorie and Myndi and Jaime and others who have expressed gratitude to us for what we are doing this season. It is such an unexpected, but welcome bonus. YOU have made our season. We love you so much. Have a Very Merry Christmas.

Love, Mom and Dad (Mrs. and Mr. Claus)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home